Monday, March 17, 2008

Horton Hears a Whole Lot of Loud Kids

So my sis and the kiddos and I went to see Horton Hears a Who on Saturday...you know...opening weekend...spring break weekend...the weekend of a gazillion kids. It was such a cute movie and so funny. My sis and I were cackling louder than the kids. Of course my 12 year old niece acted like she wanted to die a thousand deaths because she was at this movie...since it didn't involve boys or blood and guts. Me - being the super kid-friendly person that I am (not)...had the pure joy of having two strange kids sit next to me (not the niece and nephew - even stranger than them), because the theater was so crowded, the mom and dad had to put them next to me and then sit in the row in front of them. Plus there were other kids - babies/toddlers, whatever...SCREAMING in there. WHY?WHY?WHY? bring kids that little that aren't going to even really GET that they're at a movie? I mean, if you're too young to know what popcorn is - you're too young to be in a movie. Can I get an AMEN? My nephew - bless his little Horton heart - BROUGHT his stuffed Horton to the movie...and out of the corner of my eye, I keep seeing this protuding trunk from his lap...nice. I, of course, had my splurge snack and got nachos and a Mr. Pibb. It was beautiful. I'm not used to drinking that much sweet soda, ever since I started the whole Jenny Craig neo-natzi lifestyle...and I could really tell that I wasn't used to it. Would I get it again? uhhhh...in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

mom uv 2 said...

it was definitely worth the hour wait and if we hadn't gotten in there at 1:15ish we wouldn't have had a place to sit, the pleasure of listening to the stepford wife mommy OR reading this blog entry...ha ha

snork (that's horton doing tim conway)...well, you know what i mean...ha ha ha ha